Saturday, February 27, 2010

Greetings and Introductions

Hello, and welcome to "Outdoor Notes." This blog is intended to record various observations I make of nature and life sciences, with a little bit of news and research sprinkled in the mix for further enlightenment. Topics I hope to cover range from sightings of wildlife around the area, both urban and more natural, to gardening to places I visit with a focus on nature and life sciences.

Things to know about me: I've got a B.S. in zoology with a focus on conservation and biodiversity, which pretty much means I'm interested in learning about the life histories and behavior of animals with the intention of finding ways to protect them or improve their populations and environments. I also have a technical writing background, which makes me either a zoologist-cum-writer or a writer-cum-zoologist. At any rate, my plan is to merge the two aspects of myself to look at everything around me with a little more attention and appreciation, and to share it with you.

Let's see how it goes, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment